With rising costs and the tough job market some of our clients are finding they are needing to make adjustments to their insurance in order to afford their coverage. Luckily there are some ways you can make sure you’re spending wisely when it comes to your insurance.
- Review your coverage. Your PA Insurance agent can make sure you are not paying extra for coverage you don’t need. Plus you’ll be advised on areas that you may actually need coverage to avoid a financial nightmare.
- Buy your home and auto insurance together. We’ve all heard the term bundling and it really does save you money. Many PA Insurance companies offer discounts if you purchase your policies from the same insurance company. Plus by having your insurance with one agent, you can feel secure in knowing that they are aware of your entire account.
- Children learn from what they see. If your 16 year-old watches you text and talk on your cell phone while driving, chances are they will do the same. Setting a good example can lead to discounts. Some companies like Erie Insurance offer a Youthful Driver Discount which is based on the driving history of the entire household, not just the young driver.
- Stick around with your insurance company. Hopping from one insurance company to another may seem wise if you feel you are saving a substantial amount, but be cautious especially if your company offers an Accident Forgiveness program which can say you costs should you be involved in an accident.
- Getting ready to make a car purchase? Before making a decision, be sure to check to see how your insurance premium will be impacted. The good news is safety features, such as airbags, antilock brakes, and alarm systems can help with the cost.
Many insurance companies will offer payment plans that can help you. The one thing you don’t want to do is let your insurance lapse. There is nothing more disturbing to an insurance agent when we have to tell someone they are not covered for an accident because they failed to pay their premium on time.