Insure.com recently released a list of insurance companies that had the best insurance for auto and home. They asked insurance customers nationwide to evaluate their insurance companies. Guess who was #2 in auto and #5 in home, Erie! Erie also received an A+ in financial strength ratings, in both categories!
First, here is a little history of the Erie Insurance Group. Erie Insurance was founded by two entrepreneurs, H.O. Hirt and O.G. Crawford, in 1925 in Erie, Pa. They started their insurance exchange with the Golden Rule — “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In 1934, Erie introduced the “Super Standard Auto Policy,” which included many features that since have become industry standards. Today it has operations in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Those states are: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Erie Insurance is a publicly held company. It is the third largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania. Erie has more than 4,480 employees who work at the company’s headquarters in Erie and in its field offices.
- 91.71% in overall ratings
- 88% of customers said they would recommend this company to a friend
- 98% of current customers said they plan to renew their policies
Some coverage options and discounts for auto:
- Accident forgiveness- your rates won’t increase after your first accident.
- New car replacement- if you total your car the insurer will pay for a new car.
- Lock in your rate- locks in your rate year after year, even if you have a claim.
- Vanishing deductible- your deductible will be reduced as long as you have no accidents or moving violations.
- Multi-vehicle discount- discount for to or more vehicles on the same car insurance policy.
- Defensive driver discount- discount for an approved defensive or drive improvement class.
- Safe drive/clean record- discount for no accident or traffic violations, usually for three or five years.
- 87.13% in overall ratings
- 84% of customers said they would recommend this company to a friend
- 96% of current customers said they plan to renew their policies
Here at The Weimer Group, we think those are numbers are something to be proud of! We are also proud to offer all of Erie’s great coverage options and discounts.
For more information on this topic or to discuss your insurance needs, please contact us at 888.304.6678 or visit our virtual insurance office.