Cold and flu season is unpredictable, but chances are you’re going to get sick at least once. So many things carry germs that we don’t even think about. This would include our cell phone, desk, computer keyboard, purse, steering wheel and shopping carts. Keeping this in mind, make sure that you carry anti-bacterial wipes with you so that you can disinfect anything. There are other ways to try and combat the flu and common cold this season.
Tips to stay healthy:
- Get your flu shot- get the vaccination before they run out to help prevent the flu
- Wash your hands- doing so can significantly reduce the chances or catching a virus
- Eat right- eating plenty of fruits and vegetables supports your immune system
- Exercise- this increases the number of natural killer cells in our bodies and keeps our circulation going
- Keep warm- dress appropriately for the winter weather. Shivering depresses the immune system and makes us more likely to catch colds
- Drink plenty of water- about eight glasses a day to stay healthy
- Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep- lack of sleep makes us more prone to infection
- Don’t get stressed- if you’re stressed and you get infected, you have a greater chance of getting sick and having more severe symptoms
If you follow these tips, you have a better chance of avoiding the common cold or flu this season. No one likes being sick so if you take some precautionary steps this fall and winter, you can avoid it.