How many times have you been in front of your PA auto insurance agent and he or she starts talking about words like Bodily Injury, Property Damage, or Comprehensive? You may not ask them what exactly does that mean because you don’t want to look like you don’t know what they mean. You come away from their office glassy eyed wondering “What did they just say?” Auto Coverages don’t have to be confusing. Here is a brief explanation:
- Bodily Injury Liability – This applies to injuries caused by you to someone else and the costs associated with the injuries. For example: legal fees, court costs, and compensation for bodily injury claims.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection - If you or anyone else covered under your policy is injured in an accident, this coverage provides reimbursement for medical treatment.
- Property Damage Liability - If you damage another auto (or someone else’s property), this is the coverage that applies.
- Comprehensive – This provides financial protection for your car from loss not caused by collision or upset, such as fire, theft, glass damage and vandalism.
- Collision – Offers protection for your car in case of upset or collision with another car or object.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Offers reimbursement of costs for your injuries in case of an accident involving a person without auto insurance, with lower insurance limits than yours which are insufficient to cover your damages, or with a hit-and-run driver.
For more information about this topic, or any of your Pennsylvania Auto Insurance needs, our agents at The Weimer Group would love to help! Call us at 888.304.6678, visit our virtual insurance office at www.TheWeimerGroup.com, or stop by one of our locations in Perkasie and Harleysville, PA.