Before the weather gets too cold, it’s wise to check your house for vulnerabilities to the coming winter. Some areas to examine:
- Look for missing shingles, cracked flashings, and broken overhanging tree limbs.
- Check the chimney for mortar deterioration and loose bricks.
- Inspect the underside of the roof, from the attic, for any signs of leakage.
- Check at the foundation for cracks in the concrete, and low spots in the soil where water can accumulate against the foundation.
- Look at the caulking in the siding and around the window and door trims.
- Turn on the heating system, and ensure that the heat is being delivered to all outlets.
- Check your filter, and change it if necessary. Buy some extra filters so you can change them easily during the winter season.
This helpful tip brought to you by you Pennsylvania Insurance Broker, The Weimer Group. For your homeowner insurance needs, contact us today!