PennDOT and The Weimer Group recommends that all drivers remove ice and snow from their vehicles before heading out on the roadways.
If ice and snow dislodge from a person’s vehicle and strike another vehicle or pedestrian, causing death or serious bodily injury, the driver could be fined up to $1000 per offense.
To deal with ice on your vehicle:
- Park you car in the garage or under cover when icy weather threatens.
- Allow an extra 5-10 minutes before departure to clear your vehicle (windows, roof and hood) after a storm.
- Always carry an ice scraper and brush in your vehicle.
- Run the vehicle to warm and loosen ice, especially on the hood.
- Consider staying home – if your car is caked with ice, so are the roads.
At The Weimer Group we are committed to making our clients are insured correctly and provided information that is helpful. We take special care to make sure your insurance is up-to-date while understanding your financial situation. For all of your insurance needs, contact us today!