With continual health insurance changes, it’s important to carefully weigh your options when choosing your Philadelphia employee benefits group health policy. We’ve put together a few pointers to help with your planning process.
- Consider any changes or procedures in the coming year: Your employees may require medical procedures that are costly. Knowing which policies will cover procedures should be a leading factor in deciding the type of coverage you select.
- Think price: Price should not be the only consideration when choosing your policy. If you are seeking coverage for employees, you must think about out-of-pocket costs for individuals and families.
- Consider the limitations: Many insurers have caps or impose payment limits on surgeries and other procedures. Check the internal policy limit of the policy to make sure your coverage is adequate.
- Claim and Policy Maximums: Know the claim maximum and the lifetime policy maximum before committing to a specific policy. Be proactive in finding out this information to avoid any surprises when your employees least expect them.
- Mobility: Some group health policies only allow you to see one physician. If this is an issue, this is a major consideration before agreeing to a specific policy.
The key to finding the right group health insurance policy is doing your homework prior to the enrollment period to ensure you have the time you need to make an informed decision. Knowing what’s important to you and your staff are significant markers that must be at the forefront of your decision to make the right choice.
Does your business offer competitive benefits? Call The Weimer Group at (877) 791-1707 for more information on employee benefits.