Are you and your family prepared for any kind of weather that might occur where you live? Well if not, we have found a great website that can allow you and your family to be ready for anything. You can select weather that occurs or can occur in your area where you reside. After selecting that, you can add emergency contact information for your neighbors, out of town contact, family doctor, vet, work or school.
You can add a family meeting place in your neighborhood in case your family gets separated in an emergency. Next, you add an evacuation plan. This includes a location name, address and the best route to take. To complete you plan you add your family members. Lastly, you can print your family emergency plan. This way, you can explain to your children your plan so that they are informed of where to go and what to do in an emergency as well. Creating a plan before something bad happens can keep you and your loved ones safe in case of an emergency.
In the event of an emergency be prepared, not scared!
- Get Informed! Learn about the natural disasters that can impact you and your loved ones.
- Be alert! You can download The Weather Channel app to your phone for up-to-the-minute severe weather reports.
- Plan ahead! Store your printed family plan and emergency supplies in an area that your family knows about and that is accessible.
- Teamwork! Figure out the responsibilities of each family member in your house and plan to work together as a team.
- Practice! Meet with your family to review your emergency plan and go over your evacuation plan.
You can also always make sure that you are prepared with your family by making sure that you and your belongings are covered when weather occurs. The Weimer Group offers flood, dwelling fire and earthquake insurance. It is always a good idea to look into insurance options and make sure that you are covered. For more information on this topic or to discuss your insurance needs, please contact us at 888.304.6678 or visit our virtual insurance office.