Planning on going out? Celebrating the holidays with just one cocktail can impair your driving judgment. Add more drinks during the evening; you are now an impaired driver. Make sure you plan ahead and have someone in your group who is willing to make the pledge and be a HERO to you and others. The hero among other Designated Drivers will probably save more than 50,000 lives and spared many thousands more from suffering from an injury or death due to drunk driving.
A Designated Driver is a person who AGREES to completely abstain from alcohol and will be responsible for driving others home. The others can freely drink or not as they choose. Many establishments will provide free non-alcoholic beverages to Designated Drivers (be sure to let them know you are the Designated Driver of your group).
Your Designated Driver helps you, your family and friends by:
- Avoiding the embarrassment of a law enforced phone call.
- Keep your driving license and freedom that you love.
- Avoid hefty fines and possible jail sentence.
- Prevents senseless injury and death.
Some helpful tips for Designated Drivers:
- Plan ahead whenever you are going to socialize with alcohol beverages.
- Decide ahead of time that who WILL NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL BEFORE OR DURING the party or event.
- Consider taking turns being the Designated Driver (at other events, remember you are committed to this one you are going to).
- If your group is larger than 4-5 people, make sure there is more than one designated driver.
Disclaimer: The Weimer Group does not in any way condone drinking and driving.