Autumn is such a fun time a year with the leaves changing, the temperature dropping, the baking and getting together with friends and family. Since Saturday is officially the beginning of fall we wanted to give you tons of tips for getting your house ready for the fall season. It’s time to bring some warmth back into your home! You want to fill your home with autumn’s reds, oranges, yellows and browns. Here are some easy and simple tips to make your home looking like fall in no time:
- Add fresh flowers- sunflowers and alstromeria are wonderful because they last up to a week
- Dress up any space with a wreath
- Create a wall grouping with fall flair- get small assorted frames and fill them with fall sentiments (black and white photos and pressed leaves)
- Trendy fabrics- men’s fabrics like houndstooth are great for fall. You can use them on toss pillows or slipcovers
- Freshen up your front door- mums and pumpkins are a colorful fall pick-me-up
- Take the party outside- weather permitting, take dinner outdoors. Having a fire pit outside makes this even more enjoyable
- Decorate with fall foliage- give bookshelves, a mantle or any flat surface a quick fall fix with some autumn leaves
- Give your front porch an update- with hanging baskets, put bright yellow mums
- Honor traditions- fill a cornucopia with fruit, vegetables, gourds or flowers. It can be used as a Thanksgiving centerpiece or a decoration for a mantle or foyer.
- Faux pumpkins- cover them with strips of fabric. Large ones can go on your porch and small pumpkins can add a graphic pop to a centerpiece.
Hope you enjoy these tips and enjoy decorating your home for fall