Bicycling is a great way to exercise and enjoy a crisp spring day. Before hopping on your bike, be sure to follow these precautions from the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Wear a helmet to protect yourself from head injuries.
- Wear sports glasses to protect your eyes from dust, bugs and irritants.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing to help drivers see you.
- Use padded gloves to prevent blisters.
- Use padded shorts and a cushioned seat for comfort.
- Use an appropriate light or avoid biking when visibility is poor.
- Stay alert. Know your surroundings at all times.
For more information about this topic, or if you have any questions, our agents at The Weimer Group would love to help! Call us at 888.304.6678, visit us at our virtual insurance office or stop by one of our locations in Harleysville and Perkasie, PA.