Turns out, your mom was right when she always said “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Whether you’re maintaining your home or your car, a few easy preventative steps can keep your home in tip-top shape, and your car purring like a kitten.
- Clean up any water spills immediately to prevent mold growth. Exhaust fans can help draw out excess moisture as well.
- Even if you think you live in a safe town, lock your doors and windows at night and when you leave. It’s a tiny step that can keep you safe just in case someone with sticky fingers slides into town.
- Only you can prevent house fires. All right, it’s not exactly how the saying goes, but by making sure that your smoke alarms are in working order, and that you have fire extinguishers strategically located, you can greatly reduce your chance of serious house fires. With the time change this weekend, now is a good time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Change your oil regularly. Oil keeps your engine lubricated, reduces friction and reduces nasty sludge from building up in your engine. Regular oil changes can keep your car running better for longer.
- Replace your windshield wipers every six months. If you see streaks on your windshield or hear strange squeaking sounds, it’s time for a new set of windshield wipers. A new set of wipers can significantly improve your vision during bad weather, which might make all the difference in the world.
- Rotate your tires. Your front and rear tires wear differently, and rotating them can help increase their lifespan and prevent blowouts. Every car is different, but many tire manufacturers recommend rotating your tires every 6,000-8,000 miles.
By following these simple steps, you can reduce your chances of car and home trouble, and save yourself time, hassle and money. Want another way to save those things? Bundle your insurance with ERIE. By covering your home and car both through us, you’ll pay less, and have the peace of mind of having just one insurance Agent to turn to whenever the need strikes. Call us at 888.304.6678 to learn more. Or visit our virtual insurance office at www.TheWeimerGroup.com.
ERIE® insurance services are provided by one or more of the following insurers: Erie Insurance Exchange, Erie Insurance Company, Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company, Flagship City Insurance Company and Erie Family Life Insurance Company (home offices: Erie, Pennsylvania) or Erie Insurance Company of New York (home office: Rochester, New York). Not all companies are licensed or operate in all states. Not all products are offered in all states. Go to www.erieinsurance.com for company licensure and territory information.
Nothing on this web page constitutes an offer of insurance. Eligibility for insurance coverage will be determined at the time of application, based upon the insurer’s underwriting guidelines and rules in effect at that time. The insurance products referenced in this web page may be altered by the insurer at any time. All insurance products are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions not described on this web page.
This web page is not secure. Do not use this web page to communicate confidential or personal information. Coverages cannot be bound or altered via this web page.