The Weimer Group loves giving you information that is helpful and gently reminds you what to do so you are not a victim. The winter months are officially gone and now we are into Spring and Summer months of planning vacations and weekend getaways. No work, no worries while you are away! We don’t want you to have your wonderful trip ruined when you have returned home because of a burglary. Take these simple precautions to protect your home and your belongings while you’re gone.
- Cancel all home deliveries. And just in case, have a neighbor check the mailbox everyday.
- Arrange for someone to mow the lawn.
- Leave a key with someone you trust to periodically check the house.
- Transfer any large amounts of cash, jewelry and treasured items into a safety deposit box.
- Put tools such as ladders away so burglars can’t use them.
- Insert a bar along the bottom track of any sliding glass doors in the home.
- Use automatic timers to turn lights on at varying times.
- Mark your valuables with your last 4 numbers of your Social Security Number.
Please use some of these tips to make sure you are not a victim. In addition, your local police department can provide you with more tips for protecting your home from burglars. Most of all ENJOY your vacation!
For dependable insurance coverage for you home and auto, The Weimer Group can provide you with award winning service and competitive rates, please call our office to see why customers insure with us! 888-304-6678