If you have a business that you care about it, you want to protect it. Now more than ever, it’s important to cover all your bases with security as there are more ways than ever for criminals or others to disrupt your business’ security. Not only does protecting your business keep you up and running smoothly it can also help you save on business insurance. Here are some tips on how to upgrade your business’ security
- Alarm system: A basic security measure that every business should employ. Make sure to install a system that is backed up by 24 hours a day monitoring so if something happens when you’re not there, the security company can send a quick response.
- Security cameras: Security cameras are a good preventative measure in the workplace. Installing these not only lets you see what’s going on at all times at your business, but it can intimidate wrong-doers from committing any crimes, just by seeing the camera in plain view.
- Dead bolts: Just because it’s a no-brainer doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be mentioned – lots of thefts could be prevented if business owners remembered to lock up properly.
- Electronic ID cards: If you run a business that doesn’t need foot traffic or a constant stream of customers walking in, this is a good solution to keep unwanted visitors out of the building. By using electronic cards instead of traditional keys, this allows everyone easy access and the ability to rewrite codes for cards to quickly change access privileges.
- Lighting: Thieves love to take advantage of nighttime to commit crimes. If your business has proper outdoor lightening, it can be enough to spook potential criminals from trying to break into your workplace.
- Background checks: This is another common practice. Never hire any employee without a proper background check. This gives you an idea on how reliable your potential employee could be.
Ask us about comprehensive coverage. Call The Weimer Group at (215) 723-9805 for more information on Allentown business insurance.