It’s the New Year! With the new year comes along many resolutions, such as, cleaning up your life. But what about your computer? January is Clean Up Your Computer Month and it’s time your computer starts running as smoothly as the rest of your New Year’s Resolutions.
· For a Microsoft Windows based system, run a registry cleaner
· Install an anti-spam program
· Install anti-spyware
· Install anti-virus software
· Install other security tools
· Install patches
· Run a complete backup
· Organize your documents; delete ones you no longer need
· Install the latest updates for your software or drivers
· Stay on top of your websites and online accounts. Make sure your bookmarks are in order by making site additions and deletions that reflect your browsing habits.
· Delete old log files, tune your logger to only log what you need
· Organize your email
· Physically clean your computer. If you are comfortable doing so (and won't void a warranty), open it up and blow out dust. Even if you aren't comfortable opening it up, a lot of times dust builds up on the air ducts and fan intakes, and you can make your computer run much better simply by cleaning those