There’s nothing like a crisp morning or evening riding a sled on a blanket of snow. But before you blaze a trail are you insured properly?
Many people believe their homeowner’s insurance policy will extend coverage to their snowmobile. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Adding it to your automobile insurance may not be the answer either, simply because your snowmobile may need some specialized coverage.
Companies like Progressive and American Modern write insurance which addresses the specific needs related to a snowmobile. Specialty companies offer coverage for standard snowmobiles, but also high performance, mountain, touring, trail and utility type snowmobiles.
Policy options include*:
- Liability, including passenger liability
- Medical Payments
- Accessories, such as a cover or safety apparel
- Transport Trailer coverage
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Extension of coverage for a new snowmobile.
- Out-of-state adjustment of coverage.
- Coverage extension into Canada.
*Certain coverage and/or exclusions apply. Contact us at our Harleysville office - 215 723 9805 or our Perkasie office - 215 257 9171